Skip to main content

Tenses [simple present, past, future and past future]

Tenses

tenses

#Simple Present 
Verb: eat 
e.g:
[+] I eat banana. [Positive] - Verbal sentence
Form -> S + V + Object
[-] I do NOT eat banana. [Negative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> S + do + NOT + V + Object
[?] Do I eat banana? [Interrogative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> Do + S + V + Object
[-, ?] Do I NOT eat banana? [Negative, Interrogative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> Do + S + NOT + V + Object

e.g:
[+] I am handsome. [Positive] - Nominal sentence

Form -> S + V + Complement
[-] I am NOT handsome. [Negative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> S + be [am, is, are] + NOT + Complement
[?] Am I handsome? [Interrogative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> Be [am, is, are] + S + Complement
[-, ?] Am I NOT handsome? [Negative, Interrogative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> Be [am, is, are] + S + NOT + Complement

#Simple Past
Verb: eat
e.g:
[+] I ate banana. [positive] - Verbal sentence
Form -> S + V + Object
[-] I did NOT eat banana. [Negative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> S + did+ NOT + V + Object
[?] Did I eat banana? [Interrogative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> Did + S + V + Object
[-, ?] Did I NOT eat banana? [Negative, Interrogative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> Did+ S + NOT + V + Object

e.g:
[+] I was handsome. [Positive] - Nominal sentence
Form -> S + V + Complement
[-] I was NOT handsome. [Negative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> S + be [am, is, are] + NOT + Complement
[?] Was I handsome? [Interrogative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> Be [was, were] + S + Complement
[-, ?] Was I NOT handsome? [Negative, Interrogative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> Be [am, is, are] + S + NOT + Complement

#Simple Future
Verb : eat
[+] I will eat banana. [positive] - Verbal sentence
Form -> S + will/shall + V + Object
[-] I will NOT eat banana. [Negative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> S + will/shall + NOT + V + Object
[?] Will I eat banana? [Interrogative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> Will+ S + V + Object
[-, ?] Will I NOT eat banana? [Negative, Interrogative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> Will + S + NOT + V + Object

e.g:
[+] I will be handsome. [Positive] - Nominal sentence
Form -> S + will + be + Complement
[-] I will NOT be handsome. [Negative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> S + will + be + NOT + Complement
[?] Will I be handsome? [Interrogative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> Will + S + be + Complement
[-, ?] Will I NOT be handsome? [Negative, Interrogative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> Will + S + be + NOT + Complement

#Simple Past Future
Verb : eat
[+] I would eat banana. [positive] - Verbal sentence
Form -> S + would/should + V + Object
[-] I would NOT eat banana. [Negative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> S + would/should + NOT + V + Object
[?] Would I eat banana? [Interrogative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> would/should + S + V + Object
[-, ?] would I NOT eat banana? [Negative, Interrogative] - Verbal sentence
Form -> would/should + S + NOT + V + Object

e.g:
[+] I would be handsome. [Positive] - Nominal sentence
Form -> S + would/should + be + Complement
[-] I would NOT be handsome. [Negative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> S + would/should + be + NOT + Complement
[?] Would I be handsome? [Interrogative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> would/should + S + be + Complement
[-, ?] Would I NOT be handsome? [Negative, Interrogative] - Nominal sentence
Form -> would/should + S + be + NOT + Complement

Exercise!
Let's build your own sentences with verbs below!
- Run
- Sleep
- Watch
- Walk
- Cry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adjective [Limiting Adjective and Descriptive Adjective]

Adjective Def: is a modifier of noun. Based on it form adjectives divided onto two parts.   A. Limiting Adjective [LA] 1. Article Member: the, a, an 2. Demonstrative Member: this [s] -> these [p], that [s] -> those [p] 3. Possessive Member: clear [possessive pronoun] 4. Indefinite  Member: much, many, some, several, a lot, any, little, few, etc. 5. Numeral  a). Ordinal [1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th .......] b). Cardinal [1, 2, 3, 4........] B. Descriptive adjective [DA] 1. Character -> e.g: Patient 2. Quality ->  e.g : Smart 3. Age ->  e.g  Old 4. Size ->  e.g : Big 5. Temperature ->  e.g : Hot 6. Shape ->  e.g : Circle 7. Colour ->  e.g : Red 8. Nationality ->  e.g : Indonesian

Verbs [Ordinary Verb and Auxiliary Verb]

Verbs - Ordinary Verb 1. Transitive a.  Mono-transitive b.  Dis-transitive - Direct Object - Indirect Object 2. Intransitive a. Complete  b. Incomplete - Auxiliary Verb  1. Primary Auxiliary  2. Modal Auxiliary  3. Emphasize Auxiliary

Perfect Tense [Present, Past, Future and Past future]

Perfect Te nse #Present Perfect Verb: go E.g.: [+] She has gone.[Verbal sentence] Form: S + have/has + Past Participle [-] She has NOT gone. [Verbal sentence] Form: S + have/has + NOT + Past Participle [?] Has she gone? [Verbal sentence] Form: Have/has + S + Past Participle [-, ?] Has She NOT gone? [Verbal sentence] Form: Have/has + S + NOT + Past Participle #Past Perfect Verb: go