Skip to main content

Continuous Tense [Present, Past, Future and Past Future]

Continuous Tense


continuous tense

#Present Continuous
Verb: Walk

E.g:
[+] I am walking to the book store.
Form: S + be [am, is, are] + V + ing + O
[-] I am NOT walking to the book store.
Form: S + be + NOT + V + ing + O
[?] Am I walking to the book store?
Form: Be + S + V + ing + O
[-, ?] Am I NOT walking to the book store?
Form: Be + S + NOT + V + ing + O

E.g:
[+] I am handsome.

Form: S + be [am, is, are] + Complement
[-] I am Not handsome.
Form: S + be + NOT + Complement
[?] Am I handsome?
Form: Be + S + Complement
[-, ?] Am I NOT handsome?
Form: Be + S + Not + Complement

#Past Continuous
[+] I was walking to the book store.
Form: S + be [was, were] + V + ing + O
[-] I was NOT walking to the book store.
Form: S + be [was, were] + NOT + V + ing + O
[?] Was I walking to the book store?
Form: Be [was, were] + S + V + ing + O
[-, ?] Was I NOT walking to the book store?
Form: Be [was, were]  + S + NOT + V + ing + O

E.g:
[+] I was handsome.
Form: S + be [was, were] + Complement
[-] I was Not handsome.
Form: S + be [was, were] + NOT + Complement
[?] Was I handsome?
Form: be [was, were] + S + Complement
[-, ?] Was I NOT handsome?
Form: be [was, were] + S + Not + Complement

#Future Continuous
[+] I will be walking to the book store.
Form: S + will/shall + be + V + ing + O
[-] I will NOT be walking to the book store.
Form: S + will/shall + NOT + be + V + ing + O
[?] Will I be walking to the book store?
Form: will/shall + S + be + V + ing + O
[-, ?] Will I NOT be walking to the book store?
Form: will/shall + S + NOT + be + V + ing + O

E.g:
[+] I will be handsome.
Form: S + will/shall + be + Complement
[-] I will Not be handsome.
Form: S + will/shall + NOT + be + Complement
[?] Will I be handsome?
Form: Will/shall + S + be + Complement
[-, ?] Will I NOT be handsome?
Form: Will/shall + S + NOT + be + Complement

#Past Future Continuous
[+] I would be walking to the book store.
Form: S + would/should + be + V + ing + O
[-] I would NOT be walking to the book store.
Form: S + would/should + NOT + be + V + ing + O
[?] would I be walking to the book store?
Form: would/should + S + be + V + ing + O
[-, ?] would I NOT be walking to the book store?
Form: would/should + S + NOT + be + V + ing + O

E.g:
[+] I would be handsome.
Form: S + would/should + be + Complement
[-] I would Not be handsome.
Form: S + would/should + NOT + be + Complement
[?] would I be handsome?
Form: would/should + S + be + Complement
[-, ?] would I NOT be handsome?
Form: would/should + S + NOT + be + Complement


Exercises!
Let's build your sentence using Continuous tense
1. Sleep
2. Dig
3. End
4. Start
5. Smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adjective [Limiting Adjective and Descriptive Adjective]

Adjective Def: is a modifier of noun. Based on it form adjectives divided onto two parts.   A. Limiting Adjective [LA] 1. Article Member: the, a, an 2. Demonstrative Member: this [s] -> these [p], that [s] -> those [p] 3. Possessive Member: clear [possessive pronoun] 4. Indefinite  Member: much, many, some, several, a lot, any, little, few, etc. 5. Numeral  a). Ordinal [1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th .......] b). Cardinal [1, 2, 3, 4........] B. Descriptive adjective [DA] 1. Character -> e.g: Patient 2. Quality ->  e.g : Smart 3. Age ->  e.g  Old 4. Size ->  e.g : Big 5. Temperature ->  e.g : Hot 6. Shape ->  e.g : Circle 7. Colour ->  e.g : Red 8. Nationality ->  e.g : Indonesian

Definition of Verb and Verb usage [Ordinary Verb & Auxiliary Verb]

Definition of Verb and Verb usage Verb based on its form A. Ordinary Verb Characteristic of Ordinary verb: - Only one in a sentence - Verb "action" or "non action" 1. Transitive Verb [that verb needs an object] a. Monotransitive Def: Monotransitive that verb is followed by 1 object. Form: S + V + O E.g: I buy a car. b. Distransitive Def: that verb is followed by 2 object. a). Direct Object. Form: S + V + DO + to/for + IO E.g: Mr. John brings a flower for his girlfriend. b). Indirect Object. Form: S + V + IO + DO E.g: Mr. John brings his girlfriend a flower. 2. In-transitive verb. Def: Verb didn't need an object. Form: S + V a). Complete predicative Def: Verb has made a sentence clearly without an object. E.g: She slept. b). In complete predicative Def: Verb should be followed by object, and the verb should be Linking verb and the object should be complement consists of Noun, Adjective & Adverb [AAN]. Form: S + V (LV) + O (...

Verbs [Ordinary Verb and Auxiliary Verb]

Verbs - Ordinary Verb 1. Transitive a.  Mono-transitive b.  Dis-transitive - Direct Object - Indirect Object 2. Intransitive a. Complete  b. Incomplete - Auxiliary Verb  1. Primary Auxiliary  2. Modal Auxiliary  3. Emphasize Auxiliary