Skip to main content

Continuous Tense [Present, Past, Future and Past Future]

Continuous Tense


continuous tense

#Present Continuous
Verb: Walk

E.g:
[+] I am walking to the book store.
Form: S + be [am, is, are] + V + ing + O
[-] I am NOT walking to the book store.
Form: S + be + NOT + V + ing + O
[?] Am I walking to the book store?
Form: Be + S + V + ing + O
[-, ?] Am I NOT walking to the book store?
Form: Be + S + NOT + V + ing + O

E.g:
[+] I am handsome.

Form: S + be [am, is, are] + Complement
[-] I am Not handsome.
Form: S + be + NOT + Complement
[?] Am I handsome?
Form: Be + S + Complement
[-, ?] Am I NOT handsome?
Form: Be + S + Not + Complement

#Past Continuous
[+] I was walking to the book store.
Form: S + be [was, were] + V + ing + O
[-] I was NOT walking to the book store.
Form: S + be [was, were] + NOT + V + ing + O
[?] Was I walking to the book store?
Form: Be [was, were] + S + V + ing + O
[-, ?] Was I NOT walking to the book store?
Form: Be [was, were]  + S + NOT + V + ing + O

E.g:
[+] I was handsome.
Form: S + be [was, were] + Complement
[-] I was Not handsome.
Form: S + be [was, were] + NOT + Complement
[?] Was I handsome?
Form: be [was, were] + S + Complement
[-, ?] Was I NOT handsome?
Form: be [was, were] + S + Not + Complement

#Future Continuous
[+] I will be walking to the book store.
Form: S + will/shall + be + V + ing + O
[-] I will NOT be walking to the book store.
Form: S + will/shall + NOT + be + V + ing + O
[?] Will I be walking to the book store?
Form: will/shall + S + be + V + ing + O
[-, ?] Will I NOT be walking to the book store?
Form: will/shall + S + NOT + be + V + ing + O

E.g:
[+] I will be handsome.
Form: S + will/shall + be + Complement
[-] I will Not be handsome.
Form: S + will/shall + NOT + be + Complement
[?] Will I be handsome?
Form: Will/shall + S + be + Complement
[-, ?] Will I NOT be handsome?
Form: Will/shall + S + NOT + be + Complement

#Past Future Continuous
[+] I would be walking to the book store.
Form: S + would/should + be + V + ing + O
[-] I would NOT be walking to the book store.
Form: S + would/should + NOT + be + V + ing + O
[?] would I be walking to the book store?
Form: would/should + S + be + V + ing + O
[-, ?] would I NOT be walking to the book store?
Form: would/should + S + NOT + be + V + ing + O

E.g:
[+] I would be handsome.
Form: S + would/should + be + Complement
[-] I would Not be handsome.
Form: S + would/should + NOT + be + Complement
[?] would I be handsome?
Form: would/should + S + be + Complement
[-, ?] would I NOT be handsome?
Form: would/should + S + NOT + be + Complement


Exercises!
Let's build your sentence using Continuous tense
1. Sleep
2. Dig
3. End
4. Start
5. Smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Definition of Verb and Verb usage [Ordinary Verb & Auxiliary Verb]

Definition of Verb and Verb usage Verb based on its form A. Ordinary Verb Characteristic of Ordinary verb: - Only one in a sentence - Verb "action" or "non action" 1. Transitive Verb [that verb needs an object] a. Monotransitive Def: Monotransitive that verb is followed by 1 object. Form: S + V + O E.g: I buy a car. b. Distransitive Def: that verb is followed by 2 object. a). Direct Object. Form: S + V + DO + to/for + IO E.g: Mr. John brings a flower for his girlfriend. b). Indirect Object. Form: S + V + IO + DO E.g: Mr. John brings his girlfriend a flower. 2. In-transitive verb. Def: Verb didn't need an object. Form: S + V a). Complete predicative Def: Verb has made a sentence clearly without an object. E.g: She slept. b). In complete predicative Def: Verb should be followed by object, and the verb should be Linking verb and the object should be complement consists of Noun, Adjective & Adverb [AAN]. Form: S + V (LV) + O (

Verbs [Ordinary Verb and Auxiliary Verb]

Verbs - Ordinary Verb 1. Transitive a.  Mono-transitive b.  Dis-transitive - Direct Object - Indirect Object 2. Intransitive a. Complete  b. Incomplete - Auxiliary Verb  1. Primary Auxiliary  2. Modal Auxiliary  3. Emphasize Auxiliary

Sentence [Nominal Sentence - Verbal Sentence]

Sentence Def: Sentence is group of words consist of "S + V + O" and have to be ended with "[.] full stop", "[?]question mark" and "[!] exclamatory mark." or a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate (verb), conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses Based on verb usage sentence divided onto two parts. +--------------+ | A. Nominal Sentence | +--------------+ Def: Nominal sentence is sentence using "be" as a verb. Be -> am, is, are, was, were, be, been, being. Formula: "S + V + O [complement ANA (Adj, Adv, Noun)]" E.g: She is a doctor. Details: She -> subject Is -> verb [be] A doctor -> Object [noun phrase] +-------------+ | B. Verbal sentence | +-------------+ Def: Verbal sentence is sentence using action verb. Formula: "S + V + O" E.g: She eats a banana. D